Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


03 January 2011

My new pets and growing stuff

Greetings puppies, kitties and families...

Day 3 of the New Year already and to be honest the weather has been pretty good, lots of sun to bake in, and a bit of wind to dry Ma's washing. All of you that are freezing cold, I am thinking of you, however you cannot have my sun just yet...

We got some new pets the other day... there are about 75 of them aparently however some are yet to hatch. I have been waiting anxiously for them to grow so I can play with them, or so I can teach them some Learning of the MD, however Ma says that this is unlikely to happen and I'd probably slurp them up by accident if given the chance. My slobbers could kill them.

So Seamonkeys it is:



They are very tiny at the moment, only 4 days old but the box said that they can grow to 3/4 inch long! Seamonkeys are a subspecies of shrimp called Artemia Nyos and to be quite honest they look a bit dorky flapping and jerking round the place. There is a very informative website here that answers all those inkling questions.
Heres a bit of colour for a Monday:

Ma bought a "grow your own tomatoes" pack in September. It came with 6 tomato seeds and a pot and everything. In November this is how far they had come:

Ma had weeded out two of the sadder looking seedlings. Look at this tiny pot. How in dogs name were they meant to flourish in there!
They are aparently a dwarf tomato. This doesn't explain why as of last week - they are THIS big:
There is even little tomatoes popping up. Ma is most pleased with her efforts however she would like to say that she absolutely despises tomatoes...
Ahh well.
Oh happy days!
Koda MD

9 comments:

Benny and Lily said...

You have a lot goingon over there. New pets, gardening, BOL. You sure are very handy
Benny & Lily

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Sea monkeys??? Are you going to cook them and eat them, Koda?

Tell your Ma to send the tomatoes here - our Momster loves them:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

Today is SO muggy... I'd drink the sea monkey water to cool down!

KB said...

Ma went to all that trouble for something that she despises??? I'm confused.

I am waiting for the sea monkeys to grow up so that they can go to MD school with you Mr. Koda. That'll be a sight!

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Maybe woo should use some of the seamonkies' water fur the tomatoes!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Twix said...

Koda, can I come and stay at your house for a few months? I hate this cold weather we have. Maybe we could work something out so that you can come and stay with me when it warms up here......
My mom says tomatoes are her favoritest thing in the whole wide world. She says, although I highly doubt it, that she would die if she couldn't eat tomatoes.
Happy New Year to you and your family!
Snuggles,
Twix

Lorenza said...

Koda!
Seamonkeys?? 75 of them?? Wow!
It is going to be pawesome to see them grow!
I had a good laugh with the story of the tomatoes!
All the effort... and your mom does not like them! Oh-oh!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dakota and Georgia said...

Seamonkeys? How retro cool is that! And you're welcome to send any tasty toms our way. Georgia would enjoy them, but Dakota turns her nose up at anything that isn't meat.

Mango said...

Seamonkeys sound like food to me. Let me know when they are ready to serve.

Slobbers,
Mango