Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


15 January 2011

Cracker Dog - Mango Minster Entry!

Folks,

Many of you regard me as a mild mannered, mature and straight-laced individual. MOST of the time Ma would admit that I am rather boring and mundane, slooping along in life with little inspiration.


This is why I have decided to let rip and enter Mango Minster to prove her wrong. There are many occasions when I flick my well-hidden switcheroo (click here for demonstration) and become a Cracker Dog!

Yes, normally I am a very calm dog. I share my toys with friends:


And tend to sleep a lot:

BUT. Inside I am like a rabid hyena, ready to pounce:
I take out my frustrations on anything:

It is frustration and pent up responsibleness that caused the extensive renovations to the facade on my house:
One cannot be a model citizen at every moment. The snow in September 2010 unleashed some sort of fury within me, ears and all:
I enjoy playing nice with my friends, you know the bouncy wouncy pouncy airy fairy stuff of generic labradors. The problem is... I don't have any boucny wouncy pouncy airy fairy friends to play with hence I seem either avoid at all costs... or turn into some sort of fang crazed demon and inflict serious revolt on my dearest friends, even ones that already have other injuries and are instructed to be on bedrest, they aren't immune to the "thing" that possesses me. It can't be all bad, they always seem to come back for more:

See, here is a perfect example of the calm before the storm, the "thing" has taken over my brain, made my eyes yellow and bared my teeth like some sort of psycho, it is about to strike:

The "thing" roaring to his minions:

OK, so sometimes I do think the "thing" is just a figment of my imagination. Sometime I do things just cos. I cleared this piece of greenery cos the bally told me he needed a dusty place to rest. Hang on, is it normal for tennisballs to hold a conversation? Hmmmmm:

Another example of "thing" takeover, I wonder if Yak is aware that a "thing" may be hiding in his brains too? The only thing is instead of making him act nuts, he becomes a kung fu master:

So dear friends... that is my entry to Mango Minster 2011. My name is Koda and I am a Cracker Dog.

18 comments:

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Mango will be shaking his head and khalling woo Pea!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Koda!
I can't believe it!
You are a real Cracker Dog!
Wow!
Good luck at the MM!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mango said...

Hey! I know labradorks are cracker. Especially those black ones.

Slobbers,
Mango

The Thundering Herd said...

Excellent entry. We can't wait to see all of the competitions.

Sugar the Golden Retriever said...

Woof! Woof! PAWSOME Entry ... Golden Luck to you. Happy Weekend. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Bobby said...

WOW THERE IS A LITTLE DEVIL IN YOU,
BEST OF LUCK CRACKER KODA.

AFSocksScylla said...

We were totally surprised but we guess every dog has a little Cracker in him/her.

Benny and Lily said...

The secret is out...cracker dog, BOL
Happy Day
Benny & Lily

Fiona, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Yep. You're a cracker dog. No doubt about it. And yes, it is a little strange to have conversations with tennis balls. Stuffies, no, but tennis balls, yes... :-) Good luck!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Listening to voices of inanimate objects directing you to destroy greenery: definitely cracker dog! Did you actually eat part of your dog house, or just destroy it? More extra points for cracker dog. Most persuasive entry. Good luck!

Jed & Abby

Asta said...

Koda
I would nevew have thought it..you'we wight, you look like the best behaved laid back mild mannewed sweetheawt, but youw innew cwackew dog is Fowmidable WOW..you cewtainly fit into this categowy
smoochie good luck kisses
ASTA

Martha and Bailey said...

Well Koda, you have taken us completely by surprise!
We would never have thought you had this inner 'cracker' dog buried deep inside.
We must say we are intrigued.....!
Good luck with your entry.
love
martha and bailey xxx

The Boston Lady said...

Koda, just sizing up the competition here for Sadie. Like you she seems the most unlikely to be crackers, but I guess we all have a bit of it in each of us. Good luck! Ann TBL

twinkietinydog said...

OMD this competition is too tough even for Judge Twink! What to do, what to do?

Twink, the honorable tiny dog

twinkietinydog said...

Dear Mr. Koda MD. This is your official notification that the honorable Judge Twink has stopped by to rate your post. She left rather satisfied hobbling on her three good legs.

Moose said...

Whoa a cracker in hiding! I love the home renovations! I mean really though- peoples build things for doggies and decide to build them with STICKS??? What do they expect! Good luck in MM- I am glad you are not in my category- you would be some fierce competition for myself!

Damian Jonhson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Damian Jonhson said...

I love pets, specially if we talk about dogs because I have 3 at home and they have been my best friends since ever. They never are gonna cheat on me.
xl pharmacy