Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


14 November 2010

Sunday

Good evening

While I am pawing this, Ma is stuffing her face with a sherbet dab (sugar and various other goodies) she bought at a craft market. She doesn't need it. But she tells me it will help her feel "peppy". Pfft!

Anyway. So a few weeks ago my green and glittery tag went AWOL. Ma supposes that I have scratched it off with a fit of the itches. Who knows, like I'm going to divulge to her where I have hidden it. She cannot help herself but dress me up like some drag queen. Come on! There is only so much purple and glitter one can handle.

You can imagine my relief when she bought this replacement:

Yes its still glittery, but at least its a colour suited to a ManDog. I hear she was considering all sorts of coloury goodness... it could've been pink! She did say she liked the turquoise but it was only in a kitty tag - with fish bones on it...

So we have been having some fantastical weather here at the House of MD.

The sun has been shining and there has been minimal wetness leaking from above. Thank Dog! It means I can sunbake out in my poofields. Only with a suitable sunbaking platform of course, who would want to laze about on the greenery where I do my business?

This was somewhat convenient and comfortable until the sun disappeared from the poofields and I my sunbaking platform was stolen from me with haste.
I had to resort to good old misery.
Fleece is just not the same. And wood doesn't have that subtle cushioning of the mattressy whatsit.
Ahh! Folks, I forgot to tell you also - I am superbly chuffed - I am able to again sleep ON THE BED! Such luxury. Lets hope Ma doesn't change her mind about it too soon.
So, Ma had lambrack for tea and the lounge room smells like meaty heaven. I could've put on the big ole brown eyes puppydog face, but there was not a chance any of it was going to fall into my gob with Ma's agility with the knife and fork.
Lamb Lamb everywhere but not a drop to eat!
Happy Sunday Allpups and Kitties!

Koda MD

12 comments:

The Thundering Herd said...

An excellent tag and an even better sunbathing spot. Don't you think the humans should give you a mattress every day?

tula said...

Here I thought my full size comforters were luxury.. a entire mattress! i like how woo operate!!


scratchies,
tula

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Such the life woo have!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

How cool that you have a bed in the middle of the yard so you can soak up the sun in luxury! That new tag is a beautiful color and so nice against your rich black coat.

Lucky dog - you get to sleep on the human's bed - we are very jealous.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Twix said...

Ok, first of all, why would your mom ever kick you outta bed? If anyone should leave the big bed it should be her! Secondly, can I come over and sunbathe with you? It has been cold here since last weekend when I did my snoozin in the sun (you gotta see my pics-they will make you jealous!). Blue is my mom's favorite color and she loves your new tag!
Snuggles,
Twix

Bobby said...

We like your new tag,but we can not believe no lamb came your way, we always get last bites. If we have a few foster dogs John hardly gets any meat.We sit nice and quite but this Bichon Oscar is bouncing up and down he has no decorum yet!!!

JackDaddy said...

I don't know, most every color looks good with black! :)

♥ Sallie said...

Love the new tag!

Hugs,

Benny and Lily said...

Now thats a doggy bed!
Benny & Lily

Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

Wow, you got your own bed and everything!!

Dakota and Georgia said...

We know how you feel about not getting yummy nibbles when those greedy humans are stuffing their faces. But we have never been denied the bed. That's because they are using us for our heat and fluffy coats. Can't beat two 30kg hot water bottles in bed in winter!

D&G

Remington said...

WOWZERS! I want a bed in our yard! Lucky....