Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


01 September 2010

Bathtime Fun Koda

Good evening ladies and gentledoggies!

Tonight is True Blood night which means that Ma will spend an hour ignoring me and watching the vampires and wolves and southerners on the TV. She is reading the booksat the moment by Charlaine Harris, they are ok but Ma says they are a bit weird and Sookie is a whiner. Do any of your pawrents like True Blood or the Sookie Stackhouse books?

Ma is giving me more cuddles lately because I smell "soapy and clean". Pfft!

This would be because of this torture:

Yes puppies and kitties, you are right...

First she makes me wear her hideous shower cap that she uses to stop her hair getting wet in the shower. It is terrible. It is pink with a lacy trim. Ma says that even she is embarassed by it but it was the last one they had in the shop. Yeah Right!

Secondly she gets the taps flowing to clean the dust out of the bath cos she is lazy and doesn't clean it often... And the cold tap always runs orange for 3 seconds because the pipes are stuffed (with what?). But after that it is filling time of the olde batharoo.

I waited nervously... she always traps me in.

Ma went through a fad of Finding Nemo... we have towels, face clothes and pillowcases featuring dear Nemo... who turns out was found quite fine. At my last count our hall cupboard has about 7 Nemo's featured on various items.

Thirdly the torturous experience begins:

The reason I had to have a batharoo was because dear Summer of Team Husky fame decided to fine something delectable and tasty to roll in and then she ran past me and left residue on my ear and shoulder... the smallest speckles of delight were aparently too much for Mother Dearests far-too-sensitive nostrils.
So bathtime was scheduled. And I am back in my purple and lime collar to show off to all and sundry.
The collars are taking off! All my friends have copied me and have lovely coloured collars... And then I hear there might be some orange webbing going - OH DEAR! I sure don't need another collar, but maybe something else can be orange for me.
Happy Wednesday
Koda MD

9 comments:

Martha and Bailey said...

Isn't it terrible how they always trap you in the bathroom!
We thought you looked very funny in your pink shower cap Koda!!!
Perhaps we should see a pic of your mom in it - just to see if she looks any better!
love
Martha and Bailey xxx

Mango said...

Hey! I thought you labradogs were all about getting wet. Guess just not in the foo foo bath tub, eh?

My humans watch that true blood too but they wait for the DVD so they can watch the whole season in one big piggy fest.

Slobbers,
Mango

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Our Dad LOVES True Blood - Mom tunes it out, can't stand all that vampire stuff. We love your new cap, but how did you get the stinky off your ear if you had to wear it?

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Paw Relations said...

I feel your pain. Usually I am lucky and I get to go to a groomer who baths me. She has a nice black labragirl called Sophie.

Only when it was really really hot I sta out in the sun and got all panty. So mum decided to give me a bath with the hose!

Remington said...

Just think of how good it feels after the bath! Nice and clean!

JackDaddy said...

We like the True Bloods too!!

But we can't watch it while we eat dinner!

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I've still managed to eskhape such torture!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥♥♥♥Team Husky♥♥♥♥ said...

Hi Koda

Woo look positively rediculous in that shower cap - I hope Nanny Kate only put it on woo for the photo!!!

I am sorry woo got tortured in the bath because of me ~ I know woo just lvoed how I smelt though.....nom nom nom, Kodiak though I smelt so good that he had to lick the yummy filth on my facey face!

I might see if Mom can bath me in your bath next time, must be much nicer than being tortured with cold water from the hose! Maybe we could bring our Rapid Bath around to your house and use your tub!!!

Kisses
Summer
xxxx

Lorenza said...

Sorry but... you look adorable with that bath cap!
Those vampire shows are scary!
Happy Wednesday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza