Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


16 August 2010

Why is being a black Labrador Retriever so great?

Hello Pals

I have entered Dexter's black Labradog contest because A) I want to, and B) I am a black Labradog! So YAY! I qualify! Of course I am not going to reveal my entry to the contest because it is up to you smart folk to work out who is who! But I have documented here some reasons why I think being a black Labradog is Great!

Reason number one: Black labradors look supercool and mysterious with minimal effort.


Reason number two: Black labradors don't do this... but my friend Yak does, very thoroughly. Mum tells me that Black fur is much more practical that brown or blonde! She said to me she has more Black clothes than golden (expensive!) or chocolate (yummy!) clothes.

Reason number three: Black labradors can blend into their surroundings with ease, resulting in uninterrupted naptime.


Reason number four: Black labradors have enough "squish" to be able to squeeze into any small space where naptime can be completed with ease if there is no invisibility cape or mat available.

Reason number five: Black labradors have the brightest pearly whites! Shining like little stars against their ebony furs.

Reason number six: Black labradogs show their wisefurs prematurely given that the lil greys stick out like a load of sore thumbs against the blackness of night... makes 'em look distinguished!

Reason number seven: Who could resist this face?

Looking forward to the contest!!!!
Mr Koda

15 comments:

Lorenza said...

You have lots of very good reasons!
Good luck at the contest!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

♥♥♥♥Team Husky♥♥♥♥ said...

Hawoo Kodayakyakyak

We can't wait to see woo in da contest Koda!!!

Play bows and woofs
Kodiyakyakyak

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Woo made many pawesome points!

Best of lukhk!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Martha and Bailey said...

Plus they can 'twist and shout'! We laughed at your comment on our blog.
We wish you luck in the contest - we ourselves tried to enter as our best friend in the whole world is a black lab called Alfie.
Of course Mango told us that doesn't count!
So picky about the rules........!
love and kisses
Your labrador by association friends
Martha and Bailey xxx

Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

Does this make us cool by association?

Mango said...

You certainly are full of your wee black self. Humph.

Slobbers,
Mango

The Paw Relations said...

Those are all fabulous reasons as to why us black labradors are fantastic!

El'bow and Hauwii said...

woooooow that so true :)

Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

Stella said...

Hi Koda,

I entered as the lovely mixed breed that I am, half Border Collie and Half labrador and they chose to accept me.I can't see why they won't accept The Basset Girls. Further my Mom says she read that all dogs are descended from wolves, and that means ALL. So there you have it.
You are looking handsome and your writing is smart.

Kisses,
Stella

Remington said...

Best of luck, my friend!

♥♥♥♥Team Husky♥♥♥♥ said...

Hawoo Kodayak, I has just been thinkin and are woo sure dat was a photo of yur Maw's back seat with YAK fur and not my Paw PRINCE's fur?

Play bows and woofs
Kodiak

tula said...

great . now mom is calling the spa to get my furdoos dyed black. rut roh..


good luck in the labracontest,
don't know how Dex is efur going 2 pick a winnah!

scratchies,
tula

The Thundering Herd said...

That first picture looked straight out of that movie about aliens - you know, "Dog in Black"

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

You have lots of very good reasons, Koda. But the best one is that you are just so very nice.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

dewdana said...

Good luck!!! I told him that I thought people would have a hard time telling you from Moose depending on the photos whe submit. I am submitting a naked photo of Moose so there will be no easy giveaways.