Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


18 August 2010

Mother Dearest hurt me with the Furminator!

Good evening pups and kitties!

We were lucky enough to finally get a Furminator! Its great for getting my slippery furs out. BUT! last year I had a skin infection on my tail and had to get some fur cut away for it to heal. The fur never grew back properly - instead coming in course & salt and peppery. And when Mum was very gently Furminating my tail, some of this fur ripped out and caused me to bleed!

Mum had to cut way more fur and clean it up so it didn't get infected.

It looks ok now, but it still is a bit warm so we will keep it treated for the next few days.

I got a new bag of bikkies the other day too, fresh biscuits are soo much better than the old scrungy ones in the bottom of my bin, the aroma was unavoidably delicious.

I eventually got some... patience is a virtue.

AND! I got a new lead too, it is green and purple (again the photo shows blue). If you hadn't guessed, Ma enjoys her colours and thinks that everything should be weird and rainbowy. Hence this doesn't match my lime and purple collar...

I am still in orange for now, but I'm kind glad I can avoid a purple overload for now due to Mums laziness.
Happy trails
Koda

12 comments:

Dakota and Georgia said...

Sorry to hear about your tail but glad to see you got bikkies and cool new accessories. We're getting new bikkies this weekend (num, num, num), which means Georgia will get to visit her brother Ben at the pet shop.

D&G

Martha and Bailey said...

So sorry to hear about your tail - we love the Furminator but it has to be very gentle in certain areas!
Still you got great presents! We have only had home made biscuits once and we didn't like them - most try again - think it might have been the garlic powder!
Kisses for your sore tail.
love
Martha and Bailey xxx

MAXMOM said...

Hey there Koda
If you were in the Southern hemisphere, I'd say your mom has a bad case of Spring Fever! Sorry about your tail, but I'm sure the other goodies made up for it.
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

Flo de Sendai said...

Green and purple, what a beautiful lead !
We hope your tail will get soon better,
licks from Nana and Uyanga.

The Paw Relations said...

So sorry to hear about your tail.

Apparently tail problems in labs are common because we tend to wag them really hard and smack them in to things.

I managed to hurt my tail that way and then one day when it was nearly healed (it was itchy when it healed) I deicded to lick lick lick and chew it. Mum was not happy.

I am happy to say with distraction and close supervision and of course more v-e-t treatment it is now all healed.

The Thundering Herd said...

We knew those furminators were evil and out to get us.

(Actually, we only use the furminator on Kiska to work on tangles in her wooly coat because it will cut through the tangle. We prefer a rake brush because it does not cut the fur, but still pulls out gobs of our undercoat.

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Ooooh, ouchie!!! Mom won't use the furminator on us, she thinks it breaks our furs. But it is better for the shorter-coated pups. We hope your tail heals quickly. YOu have a good mom to tend to it so well.

We don't think the collar and leash look too bad together at all. We bet that green is great on you.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Remington said...

OUCH!

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Green and purple and orange would be my favourite three!

I khan't wait to see woo all dekhked out!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I hope woo get some WALKS soon!

Lorenza said...

Ooooouchie!
I hope it is not painful!
Yummy new and fresh kibbles!
Pawesome new lead!
(Yes... it looks blue!)
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Scout 'n Freyja said...

Oh, sweetie, I do hope that your momma planted a little kiss on your tail where you have your boo-boo. We think that your new collar and lead will be so striking against your lovely, black coat.

Huffle Mawson said...

I'm sorry about your tail Mr Koda. I'm sure you had the right medical advice for your mum to look after you properly.