Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


03 June 2010

Sled dog racing!

Hello Folks!

The weekend has some exciting activities in store for me. It is New Zealands Queens Birthday long weekend and most important of all, the first of our sled dog races!

I am very very excited! We haven't had much chance to do any decent training because it has been too warm - don't get me wrong I do love to sunbake but sometimes some frosty coldness is good for our training otherwise we get too hot. I tend to try far too hard and I end up taking a while to recover.

Tuesday night we had our final training run! It was frosty and brilliant! Tonight we are going to go for a stroll with my pals at Team Husky to have a sniff fest prior to the weekend!

We have two races - one on Saturday afternoon and another Sunday morning. I run by myself - Mum had the option of taking Mr Yak but she is a wuss so I have to lug her fat bottom around the course on my own.

Wish me luck pals!

Mr Koda MD

11 comments:

Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

Our humans are SO excited for the long weekend! We're happy they'll be home so we can cuddle for warmth with them!

Dakota and Georgia said...

Dakota here, I have to drag my fat arse human around too, all by myself because Georgia is too small. See you on Saturday

Mango said...

The hot weather is most perplexing. While one does want to enjoy the great outdoors, it can be quite fatiguing. Glad you have someplace to cool off.

Slobbers,
Mango

Remington said...

How exciting! Enjoy!

Benny and Lily said...

Hi new friend
what an exciting event. Hope you have lots of fun
Benny & Lily

JackDaddy said...

You don't need luck when you've got all your talent!

Now go and have fun!

Martha and Bailey said...

What a very exciting event to look forward too.
It is also very warm here in Scotland so we know the problem although of course we are not in training!
We look forward to hearing how it goes.
love
Martha and Bailey xxx

Ms. ~K said...

Looking forward to the fun photos!
Licks and sniffs,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy

MAXMOM said...

Good luck with the racing.
Lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SA

Khyra, Khousin Merdie, And Sometimes Her Mom said...

FROSTY and brilliant!?!

*SIGH!*

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie
PeeEssWoo: My word is TORSO

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

We hear it is going to be a big weekend - lots of luck to all of you - win big!!!

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara