Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


07 June 2010

Over the weekend

Good evening gentlekitties and doggies

I hope you all had a fantastical weekend!

I haven't got any racing shots yet but I will get some at some point. We did ok, 5th both days as I pawed to you all over the weekend.

I think we did ok cos me and Mum had some serious discussions about our tactics before the races...


Anyway. About the news, well. A special girl came to stay with us for Sunday night and we were set to keep her for good, however it was not meant to be. For many reasons, which I wont paw here, she was returned tonight back to her previous foster. While the outlook isn't good for her, my paws and ears and insides are crossed that someone super special will fall in love with her like we did and adopt her for good before the inevitable happens.

I would like to share a shot of us:

Mum is a watery blubbery mess as she paws this for me.

Please remember all you kind hearted folks - a dog is a commitment that you have for years and years, it should not be taken lightly and nothing should be entered into without considering every possibility under the sun, stars and moon. A mistake Mum made yesterday on a kind thought.

A shout out here to all volunteers with pet shelters, foster carers, transporters and any other profession that strives to protect and rehome those who can't speak for themselves.

Also Mum would like to apologise to Lucy/Storm for not being able to offer her a cherished forever home. Hearts are aching at our place tonight.

Koda

10 comments:

Benny and Lily said...

You did a good job over the weekend. You must be exhausted. Sorry it didn't work out with the foster kid. We will keep our paws crossed for the pup and slobbering mom
Tootles,
Benny & Lily

JackDaddy said...

Yes, I am sorry it didn't work out as planned. But sometimes, it's for the best and we just never find out until it actually happens!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mr Koda!
Things happen for a reason... even if we don't understand them!
I am sure she will find a lovely home soon!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Khyra, Khousin Merdie, And Sometimes Her Mom said...

As many of my pals have already pawed, things do happen fur reasons...

My mom lives by that...

After all, the day she went to the SPCA, she went to see another resident there - but I woo'ed her instead...

AND since my mom does tranports pretty much each weekend, she knows of what woo paw...

Sorry it didn't work fur whatever reason...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Dakota and Georgia said...

We're sorry about your special friend. We know how much your mum wants to end your batchelorhood. Our mum once adopted a dog that she had to return because it didn't work out, so she knows how awful it feels. We wish you all the best.

Licks and slobbers
D&G

twinkietinydog said...

We're shouting out too! And we sure hope the special girl in question finds a wonderful forever home. Loved the fact that you're also shouting out about the evil garden mulch and spreading the word. Thank you. Your blog has become most informative while maintaining it's FUN aspect ;)
Twinkie

The Thundering Herd said...

We have rarely adopted the dog we went for and seem to have an entire Herd of dogs who were not supposed to here - at least according to plans. But our hu-dad says someone else must be making those decisions for us. No need to post the specifics - just know we understand.

KB said...

I LOVE the banner photo. You are such a handsome fellow! Almost as handsome as my black lab, R!

I'm sure that you're exhausted... I need to go back and read about your "sled dog racing". I'm a wee bit confused because I didn't think that you had snow there...

Sorry that things didn't work out with your visiting friend. I agree with your mom - it's a HUGE commitment, not one that should be taken without feeling pretty sure that it will turn out well.

I still remember a puppy named "Molly" who I almost adopted 20 years ago, a Dobie-Lab mix. She was so sweet but too assertive for our Lab - he wouldn't have been happy with it. So, we didn't adopt her... I've always prayed that she found a good home.

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Sorry to read it didn't work out, but your Mama and you tried your best I am sure.

Sometimes these things are meant to be.

I was returned from my first foster home and yet a week later, my Jeannie found me, took me home, and the rest is Marvin History.

er Eleven Years later!!

No worries, keep your chin up!

lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxxx

oh and Jeannie xxxxxxx

bbes tribe said...

There are so many pups out there needing loving & caring homes. We know the right one will come along. You will know it was meant to be. We hope she finds a forever home soon.
Wags
Ernie,Sasha,Chica