Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


16 June 2010

Back in Action

Good evening pals and palettes!

I'm sorry its been a while... Mum has been fluffing around forever with the new putah machine to get all the photos and blah blah I stopped listening to her excuses and while she has nipped away to the Ladies, I have taken over her beloved putah machine and decided to paw my own post. Woopee!




Do you like my pose? The kamrah caught me in a rather unsavoury position, pre-scratch. I have been a bit itchy-titchy lately. Mum had to take me to the V.E.T to get my jabs and the schnoz slurpables for kennel cough and to get my itchies and ears looked at.


We decided to change V.E.Ts too because our old one used to always prescribe a dose of prednisone and never looked any further into my allergies and what not. I am now a happy patient of Team Husky's V.E.T, however on my first consult we didn't have the pleasure of meeting Princey's Dr Ruth, I'm sure we can meet her oneday so I can give her some snuggles for looking after my Associate MD so well!


I was a bit nervous at first, going to a new clinic and I quivered in my boots (imaginary boots) while we waited for our appointment. The first thing our new vet did was weigh me and gave me a thorough poke and prod. Don't worry pals! He didn't go anywhere near the fateful "probe site". Thank dogness. He then had a look at my ears and took some swabs of the gunk in them to look at under the microscope to test to see what was irritating me so much. My old vet had never done this.


Then he gave me a scratch and a pat - which I think is a necessary part of the V.E.T job description! Then we were out of there!


That night, for the first time ever, I threw up some spitty stuff on Mum's bedroom floor, twice. Mum didn't think too much (she never does) and it didn't cross her mind that maybe I had had a slight reaction to the vaccination because it was different than the usual one I get.


Anyhoo... Mum got a call the next day from the V.E.T advising that he thought I might have a fungal infection and that I would need a course of medication to get rid of the nasties. Also of course I got prescribed some more annoying ear ointment, small bottle thank goodness!


4 more days later - Monday - I ended up feeling a little under the weather and ended up throwing up my bikkies in the lounge, I have a picture but I didn't want to share it with you at the moment cos it might be a bit gross... I spewed up an hour later and ended up funny bloated and all sad with tails between legs and all that.


I feel much better now and I have to reveal something... I was inhabited by an alien! I was approached and for an undisclosed sum of money, I offered to host an alien briefly to show him around so he could review the area for inhabitation by his colony. His companion wormed her way into the kamrah and took this shot of me:

And finally I want to introduce you to the occupants of Mums aunty and uncles mailbox in Melbourne, Australia - Hunter and Cockie. Hunter is a baby Huntsman spidey and Cockie is a cockroach. Luckily they don't have either of these critters in New Zealand! I think my Mum would go all topsy turvy should she come across either of these fellows!
And finally, finally - Happy Wordy Wednesday everyone! Wishing you the very best for the last part of the week!
Mr Koda
Pretending to sleep as Mum returns from the bathroom...

11 comments:

Martha and Bailey said...

Great Pics Mr Koda, loved the poses and also the alien.
love
Martha and Bailey xxx

Mango said...

That first photo... typical labradork if you ask me. Glad your innards are getting back to normal. So you had a fungus, huh. Are you made of cheese?

Slobbers,
Mango

Sugar the Golden Retriever said...

Woof! Woof! Glad to hear from you again. YES, I do LOVE your pose. good to hear that you are also feeling better from your infection. Sending you my Golden Healing Thoughts for your quick recovery. Happy Wordy Wednesday to you too. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

KB said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better Mr. Koda! Love the alien photo! Our dogs had true aliens recently, giardia for one and tape worms for the other. As you can imagine, we had some gross scenes around here too!

Ms. ~K said...

Glad you're back to your Labradorable self!
Licks and sniffs,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Whoa - that's a lot of sickies there, Koda. No more of that please - hope you are feeling much better. AND that the new vet works out well. Is the fungus in your ears or on your skin? that could really explain all the itchiness. Good luck and welcome back.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I LOVE your snooter on the header!

Great pikhs!

Sorry woo've had a time with sikhkies AND with your mum -

I hope both of them get khleared up!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh so sorry you been not well and throwing up......

But you are still looking sooooooo handsome, even with the alien issues!

lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxxxx

ps My J went to Melbourne, she said it was fantastic!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mr Koda!
Your blog has a new look! Pawesome!
I hope you are feeling better now!
Feeling under the water is not funny, right?
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dakota and Georgia said...

Nice new Blog, obviously moms new puter is going well.

Although I hope my nose does not do that next weekend at the Origin, it looks cold.

Will not be down for racing this weekend, Dad has to go to Rugby ... what a bore

Dakota

Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

We're so glad to see you back my friend, and we adore your new header!