Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


20 April 2010

R&R with SickMum, Date Night and a few other snippets

Greetings pals and palettes!

The week after Eastertime, my Mum was ridden with a horrible cold and she did a lot of sleeping on the couch and drinking water and stuff. She didn't go to work the lazy sod and spent 3 WHOLE DAYS whinging and moaning and wanting lots of sympathy.

It was good cos I got to be inside out of the cold and did lots of cuddling! I didn't mind.

The-Man-Of-The-House got this shot of me and Mum. I only woke up cos the lens cover spooked me awake!

Yip, I did sleep like this for about 2 hours!

It was bliss...

There has been a bit happening lately in bloggyland. I was looking forward to Twixy's Date Night which I was then confirmed a date of the lovely Lilibell!

I also found out that Newfoundlands AND Labrador Retrievers both come from Canada! That means me and Remington are practically cousins right?

I also realised I am probably of the US line of Labradors more commonly called "field" Labrador. Lighter, lithe, lighter and narrower heads than the UK "show" Labrador. Aparently the "field" Labradors are more high strung and high energy, however I disagree. I am a calm and collected lad who enjoys naptime immensely. My FurMum and FurDad are both fantastical gundogs used for retrieving ducks during duckshooting season.

I have also found an interesting thing on wikipedia stating "Labradors often suffer from Exercise Induced Collapse , a syndrome that causes hyperthermia, weakness, collapse and disorientation after short bouts of exercise."

I wonder if I should continue this life of naps and snoozing rather than exercising!!! It seems a pretty good excuse to stay on the couch to be honest!

The Labrador Retriever is classed as the most popular dog in the world! I wonder why!! Theres no doubt why, with gentlemen and gentlelady Labradogs such as Moose, Sasha, Sage, Jack, Mack & Mia, Dexter, Benson, Sassy Buddy & Zack and all the others I might have missed! I'm pretty sure everyone will agree they are all fantastical specimens of doggie!

Thats enough words for today!

Koda MD

8 comments:

Mango said...

Labradogs ROCK! Yes indeed!

Kisses,
Dexter

The OP Pack said...

We sure hope your Mom is feeling better. Labradogs are very popular here in the USA, our human sister has one that looks a lot like you, Gypsy. We will have to get a pic of here to post for you to see.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

JackDaddy said...

Jack's father was a show lab and his mother was a field lab.

I had never heard of the Exerice Induced Collapse, but it's good to know!

I think YOU are a fantastical specimens of doggies too!!!

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I got to meet a 5 month old Yellow Woo named Sadie last night -

In fakht, I met her in front of the house with the 8 month old Buff Mango named Rufus -

I'm sure your mum's sikhkies were khurtialed due to your special therapy!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

SGR said...

Woof! Woof! Lets add Goldens on your list as the most popular dog in the world. Will share info regarding Exercise Induced Collapse to my fellow Lab. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Remington said...

Nothing worse than feeling sick! I bet your mommy was happy to have you there!

Lorenza said...

Mr Koda!
I hope your mom is feeling better now!
That is a lot of good info about Labradogs!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Martha and Bailey said...

What great work you are doing there looking after your mom. We hope she is all better now. We like labradogs!love
Martha & Bailey xx