Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


20 March 2010

Summery Schnappi Snakes and Escapes - My MD Excuse

Hey Boys and Girls!!

I just realised that my last update was my 100th post! Wow that went fast! I am so happy to have met all these new friends over the last few months! Thanks guys and girls for making me feel welcome!!

Now, the excuse of why I have not been Blogging McDogging lately...

I'm not sure where to start...

(deep breath)

"Its raining, its pouring, the old man is snoring..."

OK, well on Tuesday Ma got home and she found out that I had gotten out of my yard during the day and met The-Man-Of-The-House at the mailbox when he got home from work. I'm not going to tell her how I got out cos its far too funny watching her try to block all my potential escape routes.

Today she spent 2 hours shovelling compost and grass cuttings from the compost area. She reckons that I might of climbed up on the pile and leapt over the fence into the neighbours back yard. Ha! The enjoyment of it all! Sweat pouring off her while I sauntered around the yard getting my daily sniffs out of the way.

And aparently she is going to make the fence surrounding my Poofields higher so I cannot even think of chasing Kitties over the fence (woops did I say that, I mean... Um, chasing dragons or something). She's acting like its wrong for Me to go on adventures by myself. Pffft! What do you think?

Ahh yeas, now back to Tuesday. We decided to go for a walk with our pals from Team Husky. Me and Ma were driving round to their house and just as we went round the corner a white flash blitzed in front of us. I thought "Oh great, we are going to have a job trying to dodge the strays on our walk, it kinda looks like a husky, OH MY ITS SCHNAPPI!!!!!!!!

We zoomed into our parking spot and saw Team Husky's Ma in a frizzle, the next moment two flashes blinked past us and took off up the road! "Oi Ma! Get your A into G and get after them!"

We zoomed off up the street, hot on the floofy and not-so-floofy tails of Sesuk and Summer. They were going like a million bazillion dogzillion miles an hour!

We caught up with them a few seconds later, they sprinted straight across a busy road and into a carpark. We floored it and me them around the other side of the carpark and Ma jumped out of the car and put on her Growly Voice. All I heard was "Rarrowl RARR Roooowl RAR RarrRRLL"

They stopped in their tracks.

Summer came trotting over and Ma floinked her in the car and tried to get hold of Schnappi. She played games for a bit and then skulked over to Ma and also got plonked in the car with me. "YAY GIRLS! Ma, where are we going to have our adventures now theres the three of us?"

Ma got on her cellbone and let their Ma know they were safe and we drove back to their house to deliver the booty. It was very exciting having my friends join me on a car ride! The girls were very tired and they weren't very excited about it, silly pups!

Their Ma was most relieved, she looked like she was having a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!!! Aparently they had got so revved up waiting for my appearance that they slipped out of their collars! At least we got her girls back safe and sound! Maybe she will tell everypuppy and kitty her side of the story!!!!! I can't wait!

Anyhowl, we finally got going on our walk. I was being a pain in the donkey aparently. Ma suspected I had been out for a while when I got out of the yard as I wasn't as energetic as normal. We trotted along the streets, sniffing and eventually stopped for Number 2s. Schnappi in her usual angst to get moving started playing up and spotted a little dog and his Ma walking on the other side of the road.

Can you guess what happened next?

Well she got out of her harness and flounced straight across the road into the path of a truck to met this little dog.

Don't worry Puppies and Kitties, the truck missed, thank dogness!!

The little dog, not so lucky. Schnappi is nicknamed Schnappi for a reason, she gets the snaps! I don't think she means to be naughty though. The little dog got a terrible fright!

Her Ma still had a hold of Summer and her Bestest Brother PRINCEY. So she couldn't run across and get Schnappi. So Ma whipped off her walking belt and gave me to their Ma to hold while she went and got Naughty Schnappi!

The lady with the little dog had tried to grab hold of her and she had slipped out of her collar, so Ma picked her up to make sure she didn't escape again!!!

The rest of the walk she had to be hooked onto her collar... Poor Girl, huffing and puffing. It was the better option then having a Schnappi Pancake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made her feel better by being a pain and so Ma hooked me up by the collar too, so we were two peas in a pod.

So its fair to say that Tuesday was an eventful day.

Ma has spent the rest of the week being worried that I will escape again so she hasn't got around to helping me put pictures on the Computah for me to keep you updated on the Life Of Koda.

The camera decided to go flat too. Pffft!

We will be back in action asap!

Mr Koda MD
Rescued and Rescuer

10 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Wow!

Woo have SOOOOOO saved up some 'fun' adventures to share fur these monumental posts!

As fur the slipping of the khollar and the FUN that ensues:

GUILTY!
BEEN THERE DONE THAT!
SEEN THE EXTRA GREY HAIRS IT KHAUSES!

Keep up the good work in your part of the globe!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

JackDaddy said...

Well, that was surely an exiting day. I think that was enough excitements to last for about 40 years!!

Mango said...

That was far too much excitement for the humans. All that running about wild and dodging trucks and whatnot. I know that my momma has heart failure whenever I set one paw outside my yard. EEESH! At least everybody got rounded up OK.

Please stop running out of your fence. That is just way uncool.

Slobbers,
Mango

Remington said...

That is more excitment than I have had in my whole life!

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

We are happy you are all ok, that must have been so scary for all of your humans though.

Stay safe all of you and no more running over roads or heading out of your gardens alone. It is much to dangerous out there for us doggies. :)

Have a great, but safe weekend. :)

Lorenza said...

Oh-oh! Of course that tuesday was an eventful day!
Glad everything is ok!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Twinkietinydog said...

Phew! Close call. I liked your description of the incident.
Twinkie

The OP Pack said...

Koda, we are all exhausted just reading about those adventures. All we can say is that all you pups need to stop doing that to your Moms - they get very upset when their beloved pups run off like that. So you tell Team Husky that you and they have to start doing a better job of behaving. Whew - so glad all this had a happy ending.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Phew! I am exhausted just reading about your adventures Mr Koda!

Hey, isn't escaping the best fun? I managed to squeeze through a wrought iron gate once, couldn't do it now though, cos the old tum has got a wee bit bigger. But it was fun while it lasted!

lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxxxxxxxx

Cyber-sibes said...

Oh my Dog! Thank heavens efurryone was alright! That can be so dangerous, we lost our Rosie to "black dog crossing the street in front of a truck on a rainy night", and its one of the saddest nights our mom can remember. Maybe its fun fur us, but NOT fur our Peeps!

a-roos to yous,
jack a-roo & moo too