Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


01 March 2010

Hurry Up Scootertime!

Hello Puppies and kitties

I got a question from Moose asking about my scootering.

We are involved with a local sled dog club and because we don't live near the snow we mostly do "dryland" sleddoggery things. This involves one or two dogs pulling a scooter which is similar to a mountainbike. The bigger teams use 3 wheel rigs but I don't have to worry about that - its just me!

Here I am with my scootery-doo that the Man-of-the-house made for my Ma:


Our winter season for sled dog stuff is from May til about September. During the rest of the year we go walking and jogging to stay fit. I pretty much live in my harness cos aparently I pull to much and misbehave on the lead!!! Although we are working on the lead walking business at the moment as well.

Ma finally got her bike fixed so we will start going on bikerides to get back into training and get used to going a bit faster. We usually do between 3 and 5km runs through the forest. I get very excited when we get ready to go for a run or when I see other doggies getting suited up and hooked up to their bikes/scooters/rigs.

At the moment Ma is trying to get me to slim down a little as aparently my waist disappeared for a while there, I keep telling her, I'm not FAT! I even have the research to prove it!

How do you think I look? (excuse the neck rolls...)


I can't wait to get back into it. As much as I enjoy all the sniffs and piddles I can do while walking it does get a bit boring...

Mr Koda MD
Gearing up for sleddoggery season

8 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

And we'll be looking furward to some sleddoggery pikhs!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

We think you look PERFECT!! Pfft, silly humans, they just wanna deny us our nommy food!

Remington said...

Very interesting....I had not heard of that. By the way YOU are not fat! Just big boned....

KB said...

I saw a special on TV about a Jamaican dog sled team. It's a whole program trying to start a team of mushers who can go compete around the world. Due to their strict quarantine rules for dogs, the actual Jamaican dogs can't go to races in other countries. All their training, obviously, is dry land training!

Anyway, it's fun to read about you doing dry land training! We'd love to skijor with our young lab, R, and we have plenty of snow for it for 6 months of the year. But, he has elbow dysplasia so we've decided that having him pull my husband is probably not worth the price that it might exact!

Martha and Bailey said...

Hi Koda
Lovely to meet you - thanks for dropping by our blog.
How come we never met before?
We can see you will make a find sledge dog with all your training!
Perhaps you will visit Scotland and we will sit in the sledge whilst you pull us!
love
Martha & bailey xxxx

The OP Pack said...

We can't wait to see more pics of your scootering. We wish we could do that but Mom worries she might fall and break her old bones.

Woos, Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mr Koda!
The scootering sounds very interesting!
I am sure you can't wait for your bikerides!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

wow, that sledoggery looks a whole lot of fun! Thank you for explaining all about it ;0D