Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


02 December 2009

Number twos

Hello again

Number 2s is the the most important event of the day (more than once for most).

I am going to go ahead and admit something to everyone. I AM FUSSY! I dislike having to do my Number 2s just anywhere. I like a nice private spot, with suitable ground cover so it feels lovely on my paws when I'm doing my business. I also like the be able to wash my paws and move on without the risk of running into my Number 2s at a later date. I tend to choose a spot of the beaten trail and like to do it quick smart and neatly.

If I am unable to find the perfect spot, I am a horrible, dreadful sight. I fuss around, I am frustrated and restless, and I don't obey orders (not always related to pending Number 2s). I am a mess!

So I have documented my search this afternoon for the perfect spot in my own backyard.




Koda's Top Tips For Choosing A Tip Top Number Twos Location

1. Investigate all possible locations within the area you are able to work with.
2. Do the Paw Test to ensure a great ground texture. Don't be afraid to scuff it up a little.
3. Test the air temperature. Licking your nose and sticking your schnoz in the air will suffice. Comfort is premium.
4. Make sure your proposed spots are out of the way of prying eyes. You don't want any puppy or kittie snooping on you. Its a very private moment!
5. Test the ground tilt/gradient. There is nothing worse then doing your business and having to scoot out of the way of rolling nuggets. Nuff said.

I hope these Top Tips will help any struggling Number 2er. If in doubt, wait it out! The perfect spot will always appear when you least expect it.

Mr Koda MD
Comfortable and Number Twoed out for the evening.

8 comments:

The OP Pack said...

Picky Boy Phantom is very interested in studying your tips - he is also very fussy about this most important activity and prefers to use his own yard.

Woos, the OP Pack

The Army of Four said...

Hi Mr. Koda, MD! Thanks for visiting our blog!
Truth be told, I'm a bit particular, too. I get that from my mom, I think.
Love,
Ammy

Sierra Rose said...

Hmmmmm... I just like a slope! Got one just up the road.....

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Oh, I thought it was bekhause it was 12-2 today!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Audrey the Photographer Dog said...

I'm picky too. If I find a spot I like I pretty much will go in the same spot every day!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mr. Koda!
Nice to meet you! Thanks for coming to visit my blog!
Sure is important to choose your special spot for your Number 2 business!
I have never done that outside. I have my own bathroom inside my house. A human bathroom!(not the toilet... the shower) And as soon I need to go... I know where I have to go!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Life With Dogs said...

This sure sound familiar. Our Labs dance around the yard for ages until they find the perfect spot!!

Twix said...

Hello Dr. Koda! Thanks for visiting me. I see you've met several of my furiends. I'm fairly picky about it myself. What I don't get is after I do my number 2 mom or dad picks it up and throws it in the trash. All that work for nothing! Sheesh!
Snuggles,
Twix