Number 2s is the the most important event of the day (more than once for most).
I am going to go ahead and admit something to everyone. I AM FUSSY! I dislike having to do my Number 2s just anywhere. I like a nice private spot, with suitable ground cover so it feels lovely on my paws when I'm doing my business. I also like the be able to wash my paws and move on without the risk of running into my Number 2s at a later date. I tend to choose a spot of the beaten trail and like to do it quick smart and neatly.
If I am unable to find the perfect spot, I am a horrible, dreadful sight. I fuss around, I am frustrated and restless, and I don't obey orders (not always related to pending Number 2s). I am a mess!
So I have documented my search this afternoon for the perfect spot in my own backyard.
Koda's Top Tips For Choosing A Tip Top Number Twos Location
1. Investigate all possible locations within the area you are able to work with.
2. Do the Paw Test to ensure a great ground texture. Don't be afraid to scuff it up a little.
3. Test the air temperature. Licking your nose and sticking your schnoz in the air will suffice. Comfort is premium.
4. Make sure your proposed spots are out of the way of prying eyes. You don't want any puppy or kittie snooping on you. Its a very private moment!
5. Test the ground tilt/gradient. There is nothing worse then doing your business and having to scoot out of the way of rolling nuggets. Nuff said.
I hope these Top Tips will help any struggling Number 2er. If in doubt, wait it out! The perfect spot will always appear when you least expect it.
Mr Koda MD
Comfortable and Number Twoed out for the evening.